The Interuniversity Group of Training Teachers (GIFD) consists of the teacher training units of Catalan public universities:
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Universitat de Girona (UdG)
- Universitat de Lleida (UdL)
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
This group began to take shape in October 2009. The teacher training units of the Catalan public universities began to work together with the aim to identify and define teaching competencies of university teachers given the new context posed by the European Higher Education Area and the new challenges for teacher training.
Since then, the public universities have continued to work together in the identification and definition of teaching competencies and establishing a common frame of reference , with the hope that these actions will help define and develop a training model focused on improvement and innovation in the teaching of university teachers .